FantasyLitKnits


Tuesday, December 12, 2006
I have decided that I'm not a fan of the Boye Needlemaster set. I switched to the size 11 needles for the Breast Cancer Blanket and apparently they aren't manufactured very well because the end that screws onto the connecting cable has excess metal hanging off. So basically I keep catching each stitch on it every time I move them along the needle. To say the least it's kind of annoying. I actually don't mind the split second of extra time it takes to pull the stitches past the catching point. It's more of the thought that I'm using inferior needles that gets to me. I know, I know, it's prissy but I do really need to get some nicer needles. I may dish out some mula for the Knit Picks Options set and then maybe get bamboos here and there as I go. The Mason-Dixon girls have mentioned in their blog that the Options set is pretty good, and I don't think you can go wrong with taking their advice :) So that may be the next knitting expenditure, besides yarn of course ;P

Okay enough ranting. I'm gettin there on the aforementioned blanket. I won't bore you with post after post of my progress though. Don't worry, it should be finished soon enough, it's a quick knit. I'll post a completed pic when it's done. Anyways, I will venture to entertain you with a picture my hubby took on our recent zoo adventure. It's getting pretty chilly here so the waterfall was pretty amazing I thought.




Our local zoo is rockin! It's one of the best in the country for sure! Thumbs up to the zoo officials for not deciding to turn this particular waterfall off for the winter!

More knitting coming soon, I promise. Sorry for the lack thereof in this one.

~DK

Posted by Elyse at 9:15 AM |

0 Comments: