FantasyLitKnits


Friday, November 24, 2006
I'm a writer, knitter, singer, christian, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. This is my life....


January 18, 2003 I married my wonderful husband Mike who has turned my world from grey to blue. We have three beautiful children, Rashawn (4), Rayden (2), and Rion (1). I'm a stay-at-home mom and I trully love it. Once all the boys are in school I plan on working towards a major in creative writing (fiction). I also have an interest in directing theater so I may double major in that. Currently I'm singing with a group that sings with the city's symphony. It's a wonderful experience. Last weekend I was honored to perform Carmina Burana with 200 other voices and a full orchestra. It was the best concert I have ever taken part in.

My beliefs are the center point of my life, without God and all He has done for me I would be lost. I believe every word of the bible and have experienced God's work in my life to a point that it would be impossible for me to deny Him. I love the Lord with all my heart and even if my life crashed around me I would still be blessed because of his presence.

Right now I'm focused on my family, my God, my health, and my writing. In the health area I have recently lost 40lbs and have 20lbs more before I reach my goal weight. My writing is showing more promise than ever before which I can only attribute to God because I know that I don't have the natural ability to come up with all the ideas that I have concerning the book I'm working on. It has trully been amazing to see things connect within the story even before I was aware of it.

Now you may be wondering why I have called this blog The DivaKnitter Times if they are not the two things I focus on the most. Knitting and singing are the two things I do for pure enjoyment. They may be hard work, yes, but I love to do them and it never fails to release any tension I may have built up throughout the day. So there you have it, the life and times of a DivaKnitter.

Posted by Elyse at 2:57 PM |

0 Comments: