FantasyLitKnits


Friday, March 16, 2007
Sara and I went to Personal Threads to drool a bit. It's a cute little store connected to an antique gallery. Very cozy and LOADED with yarn. I enjoyed looking around. I finally got to experience some yarns I had only heard about like Lorna's Laces, Jaeger, and some Noro Kuryeon sock yarn. Mmmmm... but the yarn I wanted to buy with all my heart but had to refuse myself the indulgence was this Prism lace weight yarn-



It was $36 for a little more than 1200 yards if I remember right. I've had my heart set on making this shawl from Victorian Lace Today and this yarn would have been awesome.



Unfortunately I don't have the money to dish out at the moment for two skeins at $36 and a $30 book. I don't think Hubby realized that when he got me the Noro Silk Garden for my birthday he was creating a yarn snob MONSTER. I have several projects I just "have" to do and they're all at least $100. It's time to do some saving up!

I did allow myself a very small impulse buy.








Rowan Ribbon Twist. I lurv it! I'm finding recently that I'm facinated by bulky yarns. One of my next book buys is sure to be Big City Knits. But for now I'm gonna have to settle for some small wristlets.




I found these on Marcia's blog. Very cute blog by the way. She said she got the pattern out of an old Rebecca pattern book but it's just a K1P1 rib so it should be easy enough to figure out. Thanks Marcia!

I bought some size 15 & 17 needles for the project. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the 17s. the gauge swatch pictured above was done with the 15s. Only problem could be that I might run out of yarn so I may end up going with the 17s just to lessen the chances of that a bit.

Speaking of my size 17s, 19 month old Rion has taken quite a liking to them. A future knitter? I sure hope so!







Posted by Elyse at 1:34 PM |

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2007 at 4:27:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I did better than you did. While I did knit yesterday I didn't cast on anything that I bought. :P I started the swatch for the maternity T-shirt. Also discovered that what the book calls #00 and #000 are actually 15s and 17s based on mm sizing, and I have those. I think I did okay though at PT, with only one skein of impulse yarn. I have projects for the other 4 skeins at least.