FantasyLitKnits


Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I loved the way the Rowan Ribbon Twist knitted up into cute wristlets.



Yay! An FO! Should be another coming along soon. The Lady is quite close to being all knitted up. Then I just need to block her and attach the fringe and she's done. But of course I'm going to string you along just a bit longer and not post pics til she's finito!

The boys and I took an excursion to our local library the other day. It was my first time browsing their knitting selection. They actually had some pretty good things, I was surprised. Here's what I picked up.




I immediately fell in love with The Principles of Knitting and A 2nd Treasury of Knitting Patterns. The first has basically any information you will ever need as a knitter. Unfortunately, it's out of print and there aren't enough to go around. Hence the $365 price on ebay. The killer is that eventually I will have to return the book. But until someone puts a hold on this baby I'm going to be renewing like crazy! The latter of the two books I actually enjoyed more though. I can see why so many people have mentioned it either in a blog or a pattern. Thankfully it's only $30. I'll be getting all four of these. (Or however many there are and ever will be!) They're amazing! The cables just made me drool.

The other books were decent. I did really enjoy Vogue Thick Knits. It's funny that a book from the 80s is so appropriate for todays styles. I saw 3 or 4 patterns I would like to knit out of it. Usually I only like 1 or 2 in a book this small. The others I didn't really see anything I'd do. The Urban Knitter was the most recently published that I got but was the one I really didn't see anything I'd like. It was a little surprising because Lily Chin is one of my favorite designers. Have you ever seen this girl knit? It's like watching The Flash knit! Okay so maybe she isn't that fast but she's pretty darn quick.

Okay so let me ask you a question. Does this or does it not seem to be Andie Macdowell?? I'm almost positive it is!



Anyway, all in all it was nice to know I could satisfy my addiction to browsing new knitting patterns by going to the library.

~DK

Posted by Elyse at 8:52 AM |

0 Comments: