FantasyLitKnits


Monday, April 16, 2007
This past weekend was A-MAZE-ING! Trully trully fabulous. Friday night was my best friend's wedding shower, where I gave her the garter from the previous post. She liked it and I got applause from the whole room, which to me was just silly but nice all the same. We had a ton of fun that night with lots of resisting another fantastic pina colada. The best wedding shower I've been to yet. Saturday wasn't super eventful but Sunday was what made the weekend fantastic to the max.
We made it to St Louis (St. Charles if you want to be technical about it) by 1pm after a six hour drive. I got some decent knitting done.


So did Andy!


And we saw a few humorous bilboards along the way.




When we got there we found the arena and then made our way to the first yarn store stop.




Honestly it was a cute little store but not much in variety of yarns. It might has well have been named Cascade Land. It seemed 3/4 of the store was just that brand of yarn. A little disappointing. They did have Addi Turbo circulars, but I resisted buying them due to low funding and wanting to support my own LYS. To be fair, the store only opened last month but if it had been me I would have started with a bit more variety. It was in a very cute little historical section of the city though!









Then we started toward the next yarn store to see if it could be a little more satisfying. On the way we saw a





Now up here where we habitat there is no such thing as the wonderfully scrumptious Jack-in-the-Box so we had to stop and get a bite, especially since we hadn't eaten lunch yet. And of course we had the resposibility to call our good friend and fellow knitter, J.R. who was back in good old Bellevue, to let him know we were eating at one of his favorite places. I won't repeat his response to us although it was said lovingly...I think.
I very much enjoyed the meal there (the fajita chicken pita meal).



I can only hope a Jack-in-the-Box should magically appear in our area. Not likely I know. Lucky southerners.

So we finish our meals and drive down the street to Artistic Needles which just by the look of the outside was promising. Unfortunately this was as far as I got.








I was disappointed but was still excited about the show to come so it wasn't so bad. Besides, this way I didn't spend all my money!

The show, TNA Lockdown Pay-per-view, was AMAZING! Our seats were literally the best in the arena, front row right between the announcer box and the entrance to the ring. We shook hands with tons of the TV personalities and wrestlers, two of the women's division (Gail Kim and Miss Jackie) ended up in Hubby's lap (I don't think he was too disappointed ;P ), one of the rather larger wrestlers (Rhino) ended up on top of me, we were given mints by SoCal Val, and last but definitely not least our good friend Andy was insulted, spit on, had his mother called a w****, and even had a swing taken at him all by big name wrestlers!! It was the most fun I think I've had! The DVD is out sometime in August and you can bet Hubby, me, and Andy will all be first in line to pick it up, seeing as though we'll be on it at least a littler bit. Especially when the wrestlers fell on us. Oh yeah, and the biggest move of the night happened right in front of us, like a foot maybe two away! AJ Styles fell off the top of the steel cage and landed on 4 or 5 other guys right there. It was awesome. I got lots of pictures so go to my flickr set and check them out if you like! Here's one of me and Hubby after the show in front of the ring.


Posted by Elyse at 4:28 PM |

0 Comments: