FantasyLitKnits


Monday, November 12, 2007
Like the new layout? Cause I do!

So, progress on the Sunrise Circle Jacket is going wonderfully. I have the back done and started the left sleeve. I'm very happy with the colorway. The pictures online I've seen of others' projects just didn't do it justice! I'm once again enjoying a more challenging project. Not that it's that difficult, it's just increasing and decreasing but it's way more work than let's say a baby hat! I needed something substantial to spice up my knitting a bit. Anyway, it's going well and I'm really enjoying it. I've come across comments about being totally bored with the stockinetted. Knitting with Noro REALLY helps with that. The color changes make it much more interesting.

Unfortunately, now I'm contemplating putting that aside (very painfully might I add) to work on Christmas Stockings. It's almost Thanksgiving and I have 5 stockings to start on. Not to mention I wanted to make presents this year too. That probably won't happen though. I NEED to have the stockings done this year. It's our first Christmas in our own place and we have a fireplace in the living room. how can I buy cheapo stockings? It'd be sacrilege! Okay maybe not sacrilege, but seriously I'd have a hard time forgiving myself for using store bought stockings! So here's what I'm thinking.

This one for the Hubby.





This one for moi.






And these for the boys.





Doable? I sure hope so. I should start with the boys'. I think they'll work up pretty quickly. my only concern with those is the blocking after they're felted. Hopefully a coat hanger wonked out will work just fine. Is it bad that mine is the most intricate? I just thought it was girlie and the others are more masculine. Any comments? Come on make me feel better about this, cause I think they're perfect :)


I'm sad that all the fall decorations are soon to be put away. Maybe once I start being surrounded by the new seasons decorations I'll be in more of a Christmas spirit. I just sooooo love fall. Plus, I'm seriously not looking forward to the snow. Two more years and hopefully we'll be in some warm climate like California. Only time will tell.

Posted by Elyse at 5:07 PM |

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2007 at 1:05:00 PM CST, Blogger Kimberly said........
Oh I have some stockings to knit too. I love those white ones!! No, go girly-you deserve it. :))